Health & Healing
We are now offering a workshop designed to make positive changes in our ongoing quest for healthy bodies. Terry’s Near- Death Experience brought a knowing that we can heal ourselves. How in the world we can do this? Terry was faced with serious illness in recent years and began using medical meditations and energy medicine techniques. Intense research began and has continued over a period of 6 years. Using our medical professionals, we can team up together and we indeed can make a difference in our own healing. Terry shares experts she has studied intensely through research for the book, The Light GAP co-authoried with Marj Steiner. Scientists, neuroscientists, psychologists, medical scientists, physicians, and spiritual leaders will be highlighted throughout the presentation. Research is proving we indeed CAN do some pretty amazing things on behalf of our own health. God is our constant mentor. Come find out what experts telling us!
Meditation is only the beginning. Tapping into our own individual energy field and launching into Energy Medicine, knowing where to begin can be overwhelming. Terry is helping make this a practical everyday experience for the novice. We all need to fix or maintain our homes. Our bodies are HOME for our soul. Our health is one of our greatest treasures. Repair is possible and maintenance is a MUST! Our workshop is never a substitute for professional medical care. It’s to add depth to the healing.
Come ready for very special learning. Higher dimensions of consciousness are designed to enhance the physical body. Yet the average person as ho idea how to cultivate this inner healing force.
Terry will be:
Sharing the Research; visuals to easily understand brain biology
Meditation; beginning techniques & new thought
Beyond the basics and moving into healing techniques
Learn a 20 minute meditation for the purpose of healing
Add simple TOOLS to facilitate healing
Take Home: Worksheet & booklet for your 9 step plan to succeed in your own unique style
“Feel Connection” among friends and know we are always connected to others through God
“LOVE is all there is”, learned from my NDE in 1982, is a powerful message. Knowing that fear did not need to be part of my life changed the person I was becoming. We have the ability to heal ourselves, was also learned during my NDE. This concept took longer to absorb, understand and become part of my being. We are all connected through God. I learned and internalized this concept in the Amazon. I was learning from God’s amazing beings placed in every corner of planet Earth. God’s Grace facilitated my journey to understanding health using the power we have within our soul. Every human being has part of the Divine right within them.” ~Terry Larkin
“Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it and it will be yours.” Mark 11:24
“LOVE is all there is. We have the ability to heal ourselves.”
~ NDE knowledge given to Terry in 1982
Here is SOME of the story!
Terry and Marj are imagining a world filled with happy, healthy, loving, and peaceful people. Wow, wouldn’t that be just an amazing world to live in. As we write our book and set up our website we are hoping in our humble way, to give hope to our readers. There are many others in our world with that same vision, one individual at a time CONNECTING and spreading knowledge with others in every corner of our world. The biggest questions for all of us, is how do we achieve our goals using love and compassion. When our health is wonderful and the sun seems to be shining in our lives, we love our life. Then some part of our world comes crashing down upon us, or we lose our health one way or another. The way to cope with our life challenges and still maintains health is something people all over the world have been working on since man arrived on the planet. Health is all encompassing. We need health in our bodies. Our emotional health is critical. Both of us believe our spiritual life holds a key to health, opening doors for us as humans living an earthly life in a vessel we call our body. We need health in our spiritual lives to work together with our mind and body. Our soul is guiding us in ways that we never understood years ago, even though we always had a strong belief in God. What changed in us to bring peace, better health and understanding?
Terry and Marj have long journeys to share. We both have experienced huge peaks and deep valleys in our lives. The scope of sharing our journey is daunting. Following her Near-Death Experience (NDE), Terry began a journey to understand a message shared that we could heal ourselves. The whole scope of it’s meaning took years to understand. God meant for Terry to share this journey to help others, and He has been nudging her in profound ways to share now. Marj experienced LIGHT consuming her. It brought huge joy back in her life while grieving so severely she was crying 24/7. But, she experienced joy & heard a message that she was going to write a book. YES…and we are doing that now! Terry absorbed incredible knowledge during her experience in the dazzling white LIGHT that defies earthly words. But it has taken years of growing, experiencing and researching to achieve her level of understanding enough to share. Perhaps a little of her story will help.
In 1982, following my NDE I was profoundly changed, but I was struggling to understand my experience. In the beginning I just assumed that “healing ourselves,” meant that somewhere on earth there were medicines that would cure any of our illnesses. I do believe that is true. I also thought it meant that with enough research and learning, the medical profession would come up with cures for every disease. This is becoming reality and history is showing the tremendous progress that has been made in this field. But, I now realize that my NDE message meant so much more. Stories in our book, The Light GAP will help you understand the many experiences that shaped my current view. I will share some here to help you get a bird’s eye view.
I’m going to start first with a brief history that has a good ending. I always like movies and novels with good endings, but they need lots of twists and turns for adventure.
My life had many twists and turns. Many adventures.
I had been part of the founding and was co-directing an organization called CET (Children’s Environmental Trust). I had been teaching young children during the school year, and traveling with middle school and high school students on educational/environmental trips to Peru, Costa Rica, and Kenya since 1992.
It was during my Amazon travels in 1996 that Marjorie lost her 19 year old daughter Anne. Her LIGHT experience is so important to our story. Please read her story (OUR BOOK tab). In the summer of 1997, Terry and Marj chose to travel together to the Amazon, this time with a group of teachers invited by the Chicago Botanic Garden, organized by CET. We took the trip that Anne was to take, Terry and Marj grieving the loss together. We knew Anne’s spirit was with us. This is when our lives began to intertwine in amazing ways. We began a journey helping one another find answers. We knew in our hearts science and spirituality could NOT be separated. We learned amazing things from University professors teaching in the Amazon with our groups. We were searching for truths that put the pieces of the healing puzzle together. The spiritual key is so critical to the whole process.
A shaman not only uses medicinal plants, but musical sounds and chants to go into a deep sub conscious state. He is considered a spiritual guide, teacher and doctor. The elders learned to use very specific plants to heal all types of illness. The word shaman actually comes from Siberia. In Amazonian culture they were called a Curandero or medicine man. But, even in the 1990’s they referred to themselves as a shaman. These ancient traditions are embedded in one form or another all over our world through indigenous peoples, including our own Native American culture.
I began to grow in understanding as I traveled worldwide to experience other cultures and hear their stories and legends about healing. I began reading experts in the field of spirituality, science, psychology, neurology and medicine. Experts in all of these fields were helping me form a picture in my mind of healing. Going to the Amazon for 10 years gave me huge insights into the world of Shamanistic healing. It’s only in recent years I began reading and hearing professionals who believe these ancient traditions are a very valuable resource. I learned so much from the Shamans I met. Initially I was fascinated by all of the medicinal plants in the Amazon, as well as substances used by Shamans. I began making connections with my NDE experience as I heard their stories. Spirit was a very important, vital part of their success.
To the story of my healing…
This part of my story is like falling down a winding stone staircase in a very tall castle and landing at the bottom with thud. But here is a short view so you’ll know why I need to go back and tell my story of healing. You will see that not only can we heal ourselves, but we can bring diseases to ourselves as well.
2002 – A year after Sept. 11, 2001 – CET closed and I took my last trip into the Amazon. The most profound experience since my NDE happened that year.
- Our boys (sons) were grown, marrying, and leaving home. Our youngest son served a year in Iraq. He was injured and flown to Germany. Trauma for us, but he is a success story. Changes within the school district where I had taught for 20 years, launched me into a new environment, with new “stresses.” I LOVED teaching, I had great successes there. But schools in Michigan were in trouble.
- I was in GREAT shape and spiritually growing in huge ways.
- CRASH – 2007– My health declined at a very RAPID rate. Diagnosis ideas ran wild. Probably MS, but through a synchronistic event I found a Dr. familiar with Complex Migraines – Hemiplegic Migraines. Little known then. Mayo clinic tested my blood and helped my neurologist because they had started Complex Migrain research. My migraines started in the head and then moved into the body. They hit my chest causing heart problems and then my abdomen causing unusual bleeding, requiring a hysterectomy. Many trips into ER. Each episode brought stroke like symptoms numbing one side of my body. This caused nerve damage and weakness on one side with muscles declining rapidly. Within about 4 – 5 months my health was well…the PITS. My neurologist was amazing and worked hard to help. Upward progress was SLOW, hard work and lots of drugs were required.
- I was determined to keep teaching, I loved teaching. There were times that work was not possible and I missed a lot of days. But, I began a rapid search into medical meditations. My current ones were actually helping a lot, but I needed more. My spiritual mentor was my sister Marj. She was always finding just the right book for me to read. All of us need a mentor like her!! But migraine episodes kept happening every week and sometimes 2 or 3 in a week.
- It was summer 2008. Relax, sleep, meditations, walks on the beach, sunsets…that was my life. My husband and I took many trips into nature and in the privacy of my home and camper. I tried Meditation as Medicine by Dharma Singh Khalsa, M.D. I really connected with the book. There was a CD that included music and meditations. It was amazingly helpful. I was chanting words I didn’t understand (he translated them). The music, hand motions, and words were different and I thought surely my friends and family would think this was NUTS. Not Marj. As I told her, I found she had read it too! Coincidence? I think not. She suggested I try The Healing Code by Alex Lloyd, PhD, ND and Ben Johnson, MD, DO, NMD. I began to experience real results. Wow… I was using both of them, spending a lot of time. I was still having migraine episodes about every 2 weeks, progress, but I was well enough to start school.
- 2009- 2010 I found that I could combine the techniques in Meditation as Medicine and the Healing Code into my own unique daily practice using music that really spoke to my soul. My spiritual knowledge was growing in ways that were helping and were amazing. Dr. Wayne Dyer’s books were helping me immensely. There’s a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem , You’ll See It When You Believe It, and Wisdom of the Ages were especially helpful back then. There were many authors. I had realized that in meditation I found God within myself. I was gaining strength, but we needed a change in our home.
- I experienced a huge change when I realized, and knew beyond any doubt, that we not only have a piece of God existing inside of us from birth, but that we ARE a piece of God. Inside of us there is an amazing power most people rarely tap into. I know that I did not. Wisdom has been passed down through literature as well as legends from ancient civilizations, but churches brought in their own differing interpretations causing confusion. Wisdom was inside of me? I was beginning to realize that YES, it is true, we all have that gift given to us at birth. I began to ASK God a lot of questions once I realized answers arrived in so many ways!
- I started using the techniques I was learning in meditation for other things as well. We wanted to move out of our large family home (we raised our family in). I wanted light, open spaces, a more reasonable size that was new. I needed a change. I started meditating and visualizing my husband and I in our new home space. I was visualizing Doug and I sitting at the closing on our house. Houses were not selling well at the time. I know that many would say it was only a great coincidence. But I knew by then, it was no accident that we sold our house, closed and moved into our newly built home the same day.
- 2010 I retired. I began to find new authors, new music for meditation and kept reading so many authors that I’d been reading for years. But, I think one of the most significant changes in my meditation practices came when I found Dr. Wayne Dyer’s Meditation CD called I AM, Wishes Fulfilled. I found the CD first, but then quickly needed to make sure I read his book by that name as well to understand it all. I FOUND what I had been searching for since 1982. Sounds that would take me back into my white light experience. After using it for about a week, I understood how to “feel” the vibrations in and around my body. I felt them before, but understanding them was thrilling. I also had learned well that ANY person has this same ability to experience healing through meditation. I’m not special because I had an NDE. But it probably did jump-start my ability to find vibrational energy. Every human being on the planet has the ability to learn these techniques. I’ve since found a lot of information about others who have studied and found the vibrations that can help healing! See RESOURCES.
- I healed little by little. NO quick miracles like we expect as we pray, but I was using prayer as well. The more I combined everything together, the easier healing happened. Getting myself into a deep meditative state was the key, but so was the belief that I WOULD heal. It’s not my mind saying, “you can heal”. It’s finding God’s grace in a space between thoughts and helping the healing to take place. Making a connection to our supreme being through energy is critical. Shamans figured out long before modern medicine that a connection to spirit was a critical piece of healing.
- 2015 and I gathered the courage to tell my neurologist what I have been doing. My neurologist has been astounded with how quickly the healing has taken place. He was very open to hear all that I had been doing; he admits there is a lot of research he hasn’t had time to read. I am drug free now. I had a lot of drugs to LET GO of with my doctor’s help. I now use meditation every day to help keep my body in the best shape it can be. Any of us can have a life challenging change event in a heartbeat. I’m working hard to make sure I can take on any challenge sent my way with a positive proactive practice!
- We NEED medicine at critical times, but we might not realize the harmful effects of many often prescribed medications. Modern medicine has made amazing progress and we need to listen to it all. But, I have opened my mind to new paths to health and healing! WATCH our BLOG! There are new amazing people out there!! Look up Dr. Lissa Rankin, MD in a book called Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof That You Can Heal Yourself. You can visit Norman Shealy’s website to read about the Curing Power of Energy and Spirituality, or buy any of his many books. He’s an icon that started his studies back in the 60’s when alternative medicine was not so popular, but he is very well respected now. He has books, CD’s and articles on his website where you can learn the latest in the science that is connected with healing! Dr. Joe Dispenza uses neuroscience and quantum physics to show how this all happens in the brain. Watch our blog and resources, we will feature helpful authors.
Meditation is an art, but it is attainable for all people. There are many different kinds of meditation for varying purposes. Watch for our page coming soon on MEDITATION. We will include easy to use techniques for beginners and those wanting to expand their current practice. We will both share our varied practices as well as ones that we use when our life gets busier than we’d like.
Terry & Marj
Meditation as Medicine: Activate The Power of Your Natural Healing Force
By Dharma Singh Khalsa, M. D. and Cameron Stauth – Book, Audio Book, CD set
Alexander Loyd, PhD., ND and Ben Johnson, MD, DO NMD
- The Healing CODE
- Beyond Willpower: From Stress to Success in 40 Days
- The Tapping Solution: A Revolutionary System for Stress-Free Living
- The Tapping Solution: The Revolution Starts Within – Video Production with medical professionals as speakers and presenters/ real participant’s documented journeys
- The Tapping Solution for Pain Relief: A Step-By-Step to reducing and Eliminating Chronic Pain
Lissa Rankin M.D.
- Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof That You Can Heal Yourself
- The Fear Cure: Cultivating Courage as Medicine for the Body, Mind and Soul
David R. Hawkins, M.D., Ph.D (More titles under Science)
- Letting Go: The Pathway of Surrender
- Healing and Recovery
Dr. Joe Dispenza, D.C.
- Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One
- You Are the Placebo: Making Your Mind Matter
Norman Shealy, MD, Ph.D.
- Energy Medicine: Practical Applications and Scientific Proof
- Living Bliss: Major Discoveries Along the Holistic Path
Donna Eden with David Feinstein, Ph.D.
- Energy Medicine: Balancing Your Body’s Energies for Optimal Health, Joy, and Vitality
- The Little Book of Energy Medicine: The Essential Guide to Balancing Your Body’s Energies
The Sacred Science: 8 People, 30 Days, One Journey to Find Life, They Had to Face Death – Video Production Hosted by medical professionals with patients in Amazon, Peru diagnosed with fatal illnesses working with a shaman
Other Healing Books/Resources
You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay
Loving Yourself to Great Health: Thoughts & Food – The Ultimate Diet by Louise Hay
Secrets of Your Own Healing Power: Live Lecture CD given to a group of doctors – Easily understood.
by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
Spirituality & Health Magazine – Subscription includes extra online resources
Mindful Magazine – Subscription includes extra online resources
Meditation Inspirational Small Books/Reading
A Year of Miracles: Daily Devotions and Reflections by Marianne Williamson
10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace by Dr. Wayne Dyer
The Magic Path of Intuition by Florence Scovel Shinn Louise Hay reproduced recently
Tao Te Ching: Translated by Jonathan Star Tao Te Ching: Definitive Edition
Living the Wisdom of the Tao by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
Being in Balance: 9 Principles for Creating Habits to Match Your Desires By Dr, Wayne W. Dyer
Meditation CD Suggestions:
I AM Wishes Fulfilled MEDITATION by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer and James F. Twyman
Medical Meditations CD’s by Dr. Dharma Singh Khalsa, M.D.
Meditations for Manifesting by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
Healing Melodies by Jim Oliver
Frequencies of Gratitude by Jim Oliver
Liquid Mind VI Spirit by Chuck Wild
Chakra Meditation Music by Caroline Myss (music only with small guide inside)
*Deep Meditation for Healing by Anita Moorjani (narration)
*You Are the Placebo: Changing One Belief and Perception by Dr. Joe Dispensa
* Guided Meditation: music with words/use to learn, then refresher is sometimes helpful
1] Dr. Lissa Rankin: lissarankin.com
 Dr. Norm Shealy: normshealy.com